What Do Doctors Have To Say About The Effects Of Eczema?

If you think you have eczema (you suffer from (skin rash, body itching, skin irritation, red bumps on skin) the best thing you can do is to go to the doctor, who may refer you to a dermatologist (a skin doctor). Diagnosing atopic eczema can be difficult because it is easy to confuse it with other skin conditions. For example, eczema can easily be confused with contact dermatitis, which occurs when the skin comes into contact with an irritant, such as the perfume contained in certain detergents.

Apart from taking a medical examination, the doctor will prepare your medical history, asking about any symptoms or concerns you have, your health in the past, your families health, the medications you are taking currently, any allergies you have among other issues. The doctor can also help you identify those elements from your current environment that may be contributing to your skin irritation.

For example, if you just started using a new shower gel or body cream before the onset of symptoms, tell your doctor because a substance contained in the gel or cream could be irritating your skin.

Emotional stress can also reactivate eczema, so your doctor may also ask about any sources of stress you have at home, your school or work.


If you are diagnosed with eczema, your doctor may:

  • Prescribe medicines to relieve redness and irritation of the skin, such as creams or ointments containing corticosteroids, or antihistamine tablets.
  • Recommend other medicines for you to take by mouth if your eczema is very strong and / or develop frequently.


There is a much more simple solution READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE



For some people with severe eczema, treatment with ultraviolet light may help to relive the condition. New medicines, which modify how the skin’s immune system reacts, can also help. (Revitol Eczema Therapy Cream for example)

If your eczema does not respond to the usual treatment, your doctor may perform allergy tests to determine if there is any element that is triggering your eczema, especially if you also have asthma or seasonal allergies.

If you are doing a food allergy study, you may be given certain foods (such as eggs, milk, soy, or nuts) and watch to see if any of these foods will trigger your eczema. Food allergies can also be detected by the dermal puncture test, consisting of skin pricking, spraying with extract of the allegedly problematic food substance and observing the reaction. However, sometimes allergy tests can offer conflicting results because some people have allergic reactions to foods that are not the triggers of eczema episodes.

To analyze whether you are allergic to tinctures or perfumes, you will be placed a patch of the supposedly problematic substance on the skin and will observe if you develop a skin irritation and go from there.


Mike Rose